Empowering Rural Oklahoma: Unleashing Trade Opportunities in Asia, Europe, and Canada-Mexico Markets
In today’s interconnected global economy, the opportunity to expand and diversify is not limited to urban hubs alone. Rural Oklahoma-based companies possess untapped potential, and a pioneering program is set to unlock trade opportunities in Asian, European, and Canadian-Mexican markets for them. By fostering international connections, this program promises to transform rural businesses into global players.
Rural Success on the World Stage
Global Opportunities Oklahoma (GO Oklahoma) is a visionary program aimed at empowering rural companies to access the diverse markets of Asia, Europe, and the Canada-Mexico trade corridor. Developed in collaboration with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and international trade experts, this program holds the key to rural Oklahoma’s international expansion.
Why These Markets Matter
Each of these markets offers distinct and compelling advantages for rural Oklahoma businesses:
- Asian Markets: Asia is a powerhouse of economic growth with countries like Japan, South Korea, and India leading the charge. The expanding middle class in these regions presents a golden opportunity for rural businesses, spanning manufacturing, technology, and more.
- European Markets: Europe, with its stable and mature economies, is a prime destination for Oklahoma’s rural products. Businesses can explore opportunities in various sectors, from aerospace to renewable energy.
- Canada-Mexico Trade: The proximity of Canada and Mexico allows rural Oklahoma companies to tap into a thriving North American trade corridor. This partnership fosters cross-border commerce in sectors like energy and automotive manufacturing.
What this Program Offers
This program offers a range of essential services tailored to the unique needs of Oklahoma businesses:
- Market Research and Insights: Access to market research, providing invaluable insights into consumer behavior, market trends, and regulatory considerations. Understanding these factors is key to effective market entry.
- Export Development Plan: Guidance and support for exporting products to these markets, including development of a comprehensive export plan for your product.
- Matchmaking Services: Connecting rural Oklahoma companies with potential partners, distributors, and customers in these markets, expediting market entry and business growth.
- Networking and Trade Missions: Building international relationships is a cornerstone of global business success. The program facilitates networking opportunities and organizes trade missions, connecting Oklahoma companies with potential partners, clients, and distributors across the globe.
- Educational Seminars and Workshops: Regular workshops and seminars on international trade practices, market dynamics, and regulatory updates to keep businesses informed and well-prepared.
Why Global Opportunities Oklahoma Matters
For rural Oklahoma companies, this program represents a golden opportunity to access the global stage. By facilitating trade in Asia, Europe, and the Canada-Mexico corridor, rural businesses can benefit in numerous ways:
- Diversification: Entering these markets allows rural businesses to diversify their customer base and reduce dependency on local markets.
- Growth Potential: These regions offer substantial growth potential, providing opportunities for revenue and profit expansion.
- Global Presence: Expanding into multiple regions enhances a company’s global footprint and reputation.
- Competitive Advantage: Being among the first to enter these markets provides a competitive edge over slower-moving competitors.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Own an Oklahoma based business which has been in business for not less than 1 year, as of the date on which assistance is requested
- Be a For-Profit Business
- Have export products/services that contain a majority of U.S. content (51% or higher)
- In good standing with Oklahoma state agencies including the Secretary of State and Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- Has access to sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade, including the costs of packing, shipping, freight forwarding, and customs brokers.
- Preference given to companies that meet the SBA definition of a small business (SBA size standards 13 C.F.R. Part 121.)
Join Global Opportunities Oklahoma
The GO Oklahoma program is a transformative avenue for rural Oklahoma-based companies to unlock the immense potential of Asian, European, and Canadian-Mexican markets. With the support, resources, and expertise offered by this initiative, rural businesses can navigate the complexities of international trade and embark on a journey towards new heights of success.
To learn more about this groundbreaking program and how it can transform your rural business, contact representatives from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce today. Together, we can unlock prosperity and facilitate trade opportunities for rural Oklahoma companies in the Asian, European, and Canadian-Mexican markets, ensuring a brighter future for rural communities and the state as a whole. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the future of rural Oklahoma’s economic growth on a global scale.
Attend with the Oklahoma Department Of Commerce
The agency attends and hosts booths at trade shows to provide opportunities for Oklahoma exporters to meet international buyers, distributors or representatives. Exhibit with us to receive valuable business-to-business matchmaking and value-added services while saving on exhibitor fees. The Oklahoma-Mexico Trade Office provides additional support in Mexico and Latin America.
Contact us to find out which shows we’ll be attending in the coming months.
Learn more about Go Oklahoma being the next step in helping Oklahoma businesses diversify by entering international markets. Commerce has engaged trade consultants to assist Oklahoma businesses and rural communities access the diverse markets of Asia, Europe and the Canada-Mexico trade corridor. By fostering international connections, this program promises to transform rural businesses into global players.