Jennifer Springer, Director of Business Development, Oklahoma Department of Commerce, was among 34 international business and economic leaders appointed to advise U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo on how government policies and programs affect the United States’ ability to attract and facilitate business investment. This marks Springer’s second term on the council.
“Having one of our own chosen to serve on this important council speaks volumes of the high-quality employees we have working in our state government,” said Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt. “Jennifer Springer’s knowledge and experience in Oklahoma’s global economic development efforts will undoubtedly prove useful during her time on the council. I am confident she will be an excellent representative of Oklahoma and provide the council with an important perspective and valuable experience.”
The Investment Advisory Council (IAC) was first chartered in 2016, and has made recommendations on issues including infrastructure investment priorities, improving U.S. workforce development initiatives, and creating/improving digital tools to support economic development. Many of these recommendations are being acted on by various arms of the Department of Commerce.
“For the last decade, the United States has held the position as the number one destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) thanks to our incredible customer base, innovative culture, and world-class workforce,” said Secretary Raimondo. “The U.S. Investment Advisory Council will play a vital role in providing recommendations on programs and policies to continue to attract and retain foreign investment in the United States. Representation from business and economic leaders on the Council is critical to our global success, and I am excited to welcome our new members and look forward to working with them.”
The full membership list includes representatives of state and regional economic development teams, global businesses, and associations.
The full member list is below:
1. Barbara Humpton, President and CEO, Siemens Corporation
2. Benjamin H. Wu, President and CEO, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
3. Brad Chambers, Secretary of Commerce, State of Indiana and CEO of Indiana Economic Development Corporation
4. Chris Camacho, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
5. Christian Koenig, Founding Partner, KOENIG Communications
6. Christopher Chung, Chief Executive Officer, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
7. David Carlebach, Vice President, International Investment, World Trade Center Utah
8. Don Pierson, Secretary of Commerce, Louisiana Economic Development
9. Emily Desai, Deputy Director for International Affairs and Trade, California Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development (GO-Biz)
10. Gary Sumihiro, Founder, CEO, Sumihiro Investments, LLC
11. Guy Eristoff, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Pathfinder Activities, Tower Semiconductor
12. Hicham Abdessamad, Chairman & CEO, Hitachi America, Ltd.
13. Jane Thomas, President, Teijin Holdings USA
14. Jennifer Springer, Director of Business Development, Oklahoma Department of Commerce
15. Jewell Sparks, Managing Director, BITHOUSE Venture Group Inc/UNITED 17 Ventures UG
16. Jonathan R. Everhart, CEO, Global ReEnergy Holdings
17. Josh Davis, Vice President of Global Trade and Investment, Greater Seattle Partners
18. Kevin Richards, Vice President, Head of U.S. Government Affairs, SAP America, Inc.
19. Michael Edgar, President, GWDC/SelectChicago
20. Michael McCabe, Resident Director, North America, Tata Sons Private Ltd
21. Mike Graff, Chairman and CEO, Air Liquide USA LLC
22. Nancy McLernon, President and CEO, Global Business Alliance
23. Quentin Messer, CEO, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
24. Richard H. Chin, President and Head of the Global Development Group, SK Group
25. Rob Rae, Director and Co-founder, Littus
26. Robert Hess, Vice Chairman, Global Strategy and Global Corporate Services, NEWMARK
27. Rodger Libby, Vice President and Head of Corporate Public Affairs, Deutsche Post DHL Group in the Americas
28. Sandra Watson, President and CEO, Arizona Commerce Authority
29. Scott C. Kuehn, Senior manager, Economic & Business Development, American Electric Power
30. Seth Martindale, Senior Managing Director Site Selection (FDI) and Economic Incentive Negotiation Lead, CBRE, Inc.
31. Stephen E. Spence, Director, International Development, West Virginia Department of Economic Development
32. Tom Osborne, Executive Director, Infrastructure, IFM Investors
33. Wilmer A. Arroyo Alvarado, President, Khronos Corporation
34. Yosuke J.O. Honjo, President & CEO, ITO EN (North America) INC.