The SITES Program will proactively address statewide site infrastructure needs to meet the demand of existing businesses as well as companies looking to establish operations in Oklahoma.
The SITES Program (Supporting Industrial Transformation and Economic Success) was launched Feb. 1, 2023. View the current SITES Program presentation here.
Additional details and timelines will be announced when available. Please check back for more information.
SITES Program Pillars
- Distribution and administration of allocated ARPA and PREP funds
- Project selection, distribution and administration of unallocated PREP funds
- Assist communities in identifying industrial sites
- Construction and implementation of new Oklahoma SITES program
Why invest in infrastructure?
Oklahoma is committed to making legacy improvement into industrial site infrastructure to take advantage of economic development opportunities and foster an environment of business growth potential.
Project Selection & Distribution of Unallocated PREP Funds
Oklahoma communities may apply to receive funds from the Progressing Rural Economic Prosperity (PREP Fund) for the creation of new industrial sites or address infrastructure needs at existing sites. There is $29.95 million in unallocated funds through the PREP Fund which was created in 2022 by the Oklahoma legislature.
Applications accepted March 20-May 31, 2023.
- Projects must be designed to create nationally marketable industrial sites.
- Priority will be given to projects that are “last mile” projects.
- “Last mile” projects will be considered the final piece of infrastructure for a site to have the water, sewer, electric, and/or natural gas needed for industrial purposes and to close gaps in needs for the site to be nationally marketable
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted through grants.ok.gov. Entities are required to pre-register through the portal before applying. Registration takes approximately five minutes, but portal account approval may take up to two business days after the registration is submitted. Entities that are already registered through OKGrants do not need to register again.
SITES Program Industry Calls
On February 1, 2023 two calls were held with Department of Commerce partners to share information about the SITES Program. The call recordings can be viewed below.